New claims have emerged about what happened inside a Melbourne hotel room as police continue their investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving Sydney Swans players.
The Herald Sun reports the allegations stem from a dispute involving a woman over a perceived breach of her personal boundaries at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel.
The team was in Melbourne following its 36-point victory over Essendon at the MCG on Sunday, with the Pullman located 200m from the stadium.
A player had arranged for at least two women to come to the hotel in the early hours of Monday, the source said, after more than six Swans had been out for dinner and drinks following the team’s win.
Players reportedly returned to the hotel in several groups between about 2.15am and 3.40am, with some allegedly seen yelling on the street.
The women at the centre of the allegations reportedly arrived after 4am.
A commotion allegedly erupted inside one of the players’ rooms after a woman claimed an understanding about what was ‘off limits’ had been violated.
One of the women then left the room and went downstairs, where she confronted staff from the club and hotel.

Chad Warner has been questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his girlfriend Alice Hughes (Picture: Instagram)
Isaac Heeney has been questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his fiancee Steffanie Waters
James Jordan has been questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his partner Emily Twycross
People in the hotel lobby heard a visibly upset woman tell staff she had been ‘inappropriately touched’.
Victoria Police subsequently attended the hotel and confirmed officers were investigating a report of sexual assault.
Five Swans players have been interviewed by police as part of the investigation, including Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, James Jordon and Riley Bice.
‘Police spoke to a number of people at the hotel, however no one has been arrested or formally interviewed at this time,’ police said.
Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.
The five players reportedly drove back to Sydney on Monday night to avoid media at the airport.
Separately, the Swans players could face club sanctions over their late-night drinking, regardless of the outcome of the police investigation.
Swans coach Dean Cox was also reportedly out drinking with staff and returned to the hotel sometime after midnight.
Investigations continue into the alleged incident at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel
Coach Dean Cox was reportedly out drinking with staff and returned to the hotel sometime after midnight

Swans captain Callum Mills arrived at the club’s headquarters on Tuesday morning and remained tight-lipped
He was grilled by television reporters as he arrived at Swans headquarters in Moore Park for club crisis talks shortly after 7am on Tuesday.
‘Obviously extremely disappointed with what’s happened,’ Cox said.
‘I understand the questions and we’ll update as we gather more information.’
Swans captain Mills was tight-lipped when he arrived at the club’s headquarters.
‘I can’t comment on it. We don’t know the facts. It’s as simple as that,’ Mills told reporters.
‘Sorry guys, thank you very much.’
As of Tuesday morning, no players had been charged with regard to the investigation, which is ongoing.
Unlike the NRL, the AFL does not have a strict no-fault stand-down policy on players charged with serious offences such as sexual assault.
If the Swans do stand down players, it will likely become clear well before team selection later this week.
The Swans play North Melbourne at the SCG on Sunday.
Sydney are required to name their extended squad on Thursday evening, then cut that back to 23 players plus three emergencies on Friday.
Victorian Premier Ben Carroll has also spoken about the incident, sharing his support for the alleged victims.
‘It is so important that every girl, woman, not only feels safe but is safe and knows that they are protected and that they can be safe going about their everyday lives,’ he said on Tuesday.
‘This is horrible what has been reported. It is under police investigation.
‘But every young woman, young girl, every female deserves to be treated with respect and to be given the safety that they deserve.
‘At the state government, we have a lot of victim support services, and they will be available for any victim, including this person.’