Ex-NBA star trying to play in WNBA sends brutal warning to Angel Reese as she becomes his first target


Enes Kanter Freedom has singled out Angel Reese as his first target if the former NBA star succeeds in his unlikely ploy to play in the WNBA.

The 6ft 10in NBA veteran, who played 11 seasons in the league, recently announced he plans to declare for the WNBA Draft amid the ongoing debate surrounding transgender athlete involvement in sports.

He has sparked widespread criticism for his divisive decision, after allegedly sending a provocative letter to WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert, and has also been joined by Royce White in his plan.

Since Indiana Fever star Sophie Cunningham said she wants to ‘protect young girls’ from ‘biological men’ in a recent interview, the WNBA has been engulfed by controversy over transgender athletes.

Freedom claimed earlier this month he had ‘reviewed the current eligibility guidelines’ and planned to move forward with his decision to enter the WNBA Draft.

And after watching Angel Reese and the Atlanta Dream lose in overtime to the Indiana Fever, the team he says he wants to join to play alongside Caitlin Clark, he took aim at Reese vowing to ‘dunk’ on her the minute he gets the chance.

Enes Kanter Freedom has declared for the 2027 WNBA Draft amid trans athlete debate

Enes Kanter Freedom has declared for the 2027 WNBA Draft amid trans athlete debate

Angel Reese has been warned by Kanter that his first target will be to dunk on her in the WNBA

Angel Reese has been warned by Kanter that his first target will be to dunk on her in the WNBA

Kanter, who is 6ft 10in tall, spent 11 seasons in the NBA, playing for five teams

Kanter, who is 6ft 10in tall, spent 11 seasons in the NBA, playing for five teams

‘Sis! Once I go No. 1 pick in the 2027 @WNBA Draft, the first player I’m dunking on is Angel Reese,’ Kanter wrote on X. ‘She’s the Paul George of the #WNBA. Just lean into the podcast already.’

Nine-time NBA All-Star George also caught a stray, with Kanter seemingly referencing him becoming more associated with his show, ‘Podcast P’, than his on-court performances in the latter parts of his career.

WNBA general managers and presidents met last Wednesday as part of an anti-hate task force to discuss the subject of athlete eligibility amid the transgender debate.

The powers-that-be determined that there were no issues with its eligibility criteria, suggesting no changes were needed, announcing there were ‘no immediate eligibility matters affecting’ the WNBA at this time. 

Kanter shared a letter he claimed to have sent to WNBA commissioner Engelbert. The letter read: ‘Please accept this formal document as my official written notification to the Women’s National Basketball Association of my voluntary decision to enter the player pool for the 2027 WNBA Draft.

‘Consistent with the current league collective bargaining agreement, I am submitting this notice to exercise my draft rights and to affirm that I am at least twenty-two years old and that I have no remaining intercollegiate eligibility, as required by Article XIII, Section 1(b).

‘I request that the WNBA League Office verify receipt of this document and direct any future communications to my personal email address listed above. Thank you for your official processing of my registration into the 2027 draft pool. Respectfully submitted this 6 day of August 2026.’

In an accompanying video, Freedom said: ‘It’s officially official. I just declared for the 2027 WNBA Draft in April. Join me in this journey.’



Source link

‘Unprecedented’ number of Apple users received recent spyware alert, say investigators

Andy Burnham faces revolt over North Sea oil and gas as Kemi tells PM ‘time to get Britain drilling’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *