Blindsided Charles only found out about Harry and Meghan’s return on Sunday and it wasn’t discussed when King met his son six weeks ago


King Charles has seemingly been blindsided by the news that Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK. 

The monarch is said to have only been informed on Sunday about the Sussexes’ return to Britain later this month. 

Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, are understood to be returning for an extended stay, with Archie and Lilibet already enrolled at a British school.

It is understood that the monarch welcomes the chance to see his youngest son and his family in a personal capacity.

The couple will live in a non-royal residence, and the King is clear that there will be no change to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s role and status.

Harry and Meghan will remain private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family, in keeping with their ‘clearly expressed wishes and the agreement reached in recent years’. 

Despite clarity over their status, questions remain over whether the couple could return to the royal fold on a full-time basis if they chose to give up their commercial ventures. 

King Charles has seemingly been blindsided by the announcement that Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK

King Charles has seemingly been blindsided by the announcement that Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK

King Charles III meets members of the public after carrying out an inspection of the Balaklava Company, 5th Battalion on August 16, 2026

King Charles III meets members of the public after carrying out an inspection of the Balaklava Company, 5th Battalion on August 16, 2026

Sources have insisted the couple wish to remain private individuals. 

News of their return comes just a month after the Duke met his father in July following his High Court loss against Associated Newspapers. 

He is understood to have visited his father at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire following an Invictus Games one-year-to-go event in Birmingham.

Harry was joined by his wife and two children in what is believed to have been the first time Archie and Lilibet had seen the monarch since Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June 2022.

Just weeks ago, sources close to Harry said he wanted to visit Britain ‘every few months’ over the next year after his reunion with King Charles last month.

Before deciding on a longer-term return, the Duke of Sussex, 41, said his most recent visit to the UK and time with his father left him feeling ‘buoyed’, ‘very happy’ and ‘really energised’. 

Harry was already due to return to Britain in September for a week of engagements. 

A source previously told The Sunday Times: ‘He wants more of a foothold here, more trips back, less courtroom drama. And he always loves seeing his family.’

Just weeks ago, it was reported that the Duke hoped his father would stand alongside him at next summer’s Invictus Games. 

A source told the Mirror: ‘Next year is a big deal for Harry. He is determined the Birmingham Games will be the best ever. It would mean the world to him to have his father there.’

Harry and Meghan, who quit as senior royals in 2020 and moved to California, have also recently spoken about their wish to introduce their children to their British roots.

During a visit to Warwickshire, Harry said: ‘I love being here, this is the highlight of my month.

‘Actually probably the last few months. It’s very easy to sit in your grief, to sit in your stress but, guys, if you are feeling it, share it.’

As it stands, the Duke and Duchess no longer require accommodation for their patronages, with the whole family believed to be returning within the next two weeks.

It is not yet known whether the move will be permanent. The location of Harry and Meghan’s new home has been kept secret for privacy reasons.

Harry and Meghan are set to retain their £11million home in Montecito, California, where they have lived since relocating in 2020. They also own a residence in Portugal.



Source link

The churro tastes like cotton.

Edesa Biotech prices $25M equity offering (EDSA:NASDAQ)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *