Karoline Leavitt has led the outrage at the Democrat Party for their spite for Donald Trump after a failed attempt at his life occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A 21-year-old man, identified as Austin Tucker Martin from North Carolina, broke through the perimeter of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence armed with a shotgun.
He was killed by Secret Service and a sheriff’s office deputy around 1.30am. Trump was not in Florida at the time – having spent the night at the White House in DC.
Following the ambush, which Republicans have described as a third assassination attempt on the president, Leavitt blamed the Democrats, who shut down the government last week – jeopardizing thousands of federal law enforcement officers.
She wrote: ‘In the middle of the night while most Americans were asleep, the United States Secret Service acted quickly and decisively to neutralize a crazy person, armed with a gun and a gas canister, who intruded President Trump’s home.
‘Federal law enforcement are working 24/7 to keep our country safe and protect all Americans.
‘It’s shameful and reckless that Democrats have chosen to shut down their Department.’
Florida congressman Brian Mast told Fox News on Sunday morning that he ‘absolutely’ believes what occurred during the night was a third assassination attempt on Trump.

Leavitt blamed the latest hit on Trump’s life on the Democrats, who shut down the government last week – jeopardizing thousands of federal law enforcement officers

A 21-year-old man, identified as Austin Tucker Martin from North Carolina, broke through the perimeter of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence (pictured) armed with a shotgun

The would-be shooter had a shotgun and a gas can, pictured here

When the president was on his campaign trail in Butler, Pennsylvania in the summer of 2024, he was shot at while on stage. The shooter, Thomas Crooks, was killed.
Just two months later, Trump faced a second assassination attempt in Florida, while he was golfing at his club in West Palm Beach. Ryan Routh, the shooter, was jailed for life earlier this month for the ordeal.
Scott Bessent also made an appearance on Fox News this morning to discuss the economy – but begun his segment denouncing the Democrats’ ‘venom’ towards Trump.
He said: ‘Two would-be assassins dead, one in jail for life…this [is] venom coming from the other side.’
Martin, the would-be assassin, unlawfully entered the secure perimeter at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago in the early hours of Sunday.
He was armed with a shotgun and a fuel can. Two Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office ordered him to drop his weapons around 1.30am.
‘They confronted a white male that was carrying a gas can and a shotgun. He was ordered to drop those two pieces of equipment that he had with him,’ Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a press conference Sunday morning.
The suspect, who investigators say is from North Carolina and was reported missing by his family a few days ago, put down the gas can but raised his gun into shooting position, prompting police to fire.

Police say Austin Tucker Martin (pictured), 21, is from North Carolina, and was reported missing a few days ago by his family

Martin tried to enter Trump’s Palm Beach residence near the north side around 1.30am on Sunday by following an exiting car

Two Secret Service agents and one deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office ordered him to drop his weapons before shooting him dead, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw (center) said
‘At that point in time, the deputy and the two Secret Service agents fired their weapons and neutralized the threat. He is deceased at the scene,’ Bradshaw said.
No Secret Service agents or Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office deputies were injured.
Rafael Barros, the Special Agent in Charge at the Secret Service Miami field office, shared an image of the gas can and shotgun from the scene.
The deceased man’s identity has not been publicly released pending notification of next of kin, however a source familiar with the matter identified him as Martin to the Associated Press. He is said to be in his early 20s.
Investigators believe Martin left North Carolina and headed south, picking up a shotgun along the way, Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Associated Press.
The box for the gun was recovered in his vehicle, Guglielmi said. The man drove through the north gate of Mar-a-Lago as another vehicle was exiting and was confronted by Secret Service agents, the spokesman added.
The FBI is leading the investigation into the case and is asking neighbors to check their security cameras for any footage of suspicious activity.
The assassination attempt comes just months after two National Guard soldiers were shot in the head just yards from Trump’s DC residence.

Investigators believe Martin left North Carolina and headed south, picking up a shotgun along the way. The box for the gun was said to be found inside his car

Attempted Trump assassin Ryan Routh, 59, was sentenced to life behind bars after he tried to shoot the president at his Florida golf course during the 2024 election cycle
Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal was identified as the alleged gunman in custody over the horror shoot-out at Farragut West metro station in the center of Washington, DC, in November.
Earlier this month, a maniac who tried to assassinate Trump at his Florida golf course at the height of the 2024 election campaign was sentenced to life behind bars.
Ryan Routh, 59, was sentenced on February 4 to life in prison, plus a consecutive 84 months for one of his gun convictions.


