Andrew ‘wailed “you can’t do this to me, I’m the Queen’s son”‘ as he was marched out of Royal Lodge: Royal should face TREASON probe, MP says


Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor ranted ‘I’m the Queen’s second son, you can’t do this to me’ as he was kicked out of Royal Lodge over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, according to reports. 

The former Duke of York left the 30-room Windsor mansion where he had paid ‘peppercorn rent’ for decades under the cover of darkness at the start of this month. 

It is understood King Charles had become increasingly concerned about the allegations against his brother, who was this week arrested on suspicion of misconduct in a public office. 

Andrew, however, reportedly did not to want to leave the property and move to Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where he currently resides. 

Days earlier, he had been pictured cheerily greeting members of the public as he rode his horse, with sources saying the images were likely the ‘final straw’ for royal courtiers looking to kick him out of Royal Lodge. 

The revelations about his reluctance to move house come as a senior MP called for Andrew to be investigated for treason over accusations he passed confidential information to Epstein. 

Ex-Security Minister Tom Tugendhat is demanding a special committee is set up that would have the power to summon witnesses and demand documents. 

The last person to be convicted of treason in the UK was Jaswant Singh Chail, who broke into Windsor Castle with a crossbow on Christmas Day 2021 in a plot to kill the late Queen. 

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor leaves Aylsham Police Station after he was released from custody on Thursday

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor leaves Aylsham Police Station after he was released from custody on Thursday

A removals van is seen leaving Royal Lodge. The former Duke of York was told to leave his stately home earlier than expected this month

A removals van is seen leaving Royal Lodge. The former Duke of York was told to leave his stately home earlier than expected this month 

Andrew was seen smiling as he went horse riding near Windsor Castle before he was kicked out of Royal Lodge

Andrew was seen smiling as he went horse riding near Windsor Castle before he was kicked out of Royal Lodge 

Speaking of Andrew’s exit from Royal Lodge, an insider told The Sun on Sunday: ‘He refused to leave or take any responsibility.

‘When he was told to get out he was so arrogant and deluded he repeatedly shouted, “But I’m the Queen’s second son, you can’t do this to me”.

‘It is extraordinary he chose to use the Queen’s name in his defence. No one is quite sure if the reality of his dire situation has hit home even yet.’

Andrew was always acknowledged to be the late Queen Elizabeth’s favourite son. 

Another source added that the shamed former royal made it clear that he ‘did not want to leave’ the property that shared with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson. 

Following Andrew’s arrest on Thursday, the Government is currently considering plans to remove him from the line of succession. 

Despite being stripped of his title last year, the former Duke of York is still eighth in line to the throne and an Act of Parliament would be required to prevent Andrew from ever becoming king. 

Sir Keir Starmer’s Government will consider introducing such legislation once police have finished their investigation into the King’s disgraced brother, it is understood. 

Any changes to the line of succession would require the agreement of other countries which share the UK monarch, including Australia, Canada and Jamaica.

A removal van is seen at the gates of Royal Lodge earlier this month

A removal van is seen at the gates of Royal Lodge earlier this month  

Andrew was seen crouched over an unidentified woman in one of the latest photos released in the disclosure of files linked to Jeffrey Epstein

Andrew was seen crouched over an unidentified woman in one of the latest photos released in the disclosure of files linked to Jeffrey Epstein

Andrew is seen driving near to his former home Royal Lodge in January

Andrew is seen driving near to his former home Royal Lodge in January 

It is also understood that an influential group of MPs will meet to consider launching a parliamentary probe into the role of UK trade envoys.

Any inquiry would start by focusing on potential governance issues within the wider system and lessons to be learned, avoiding specific commentary on Andrew – who spent 10 years in the role – until there is no risk of prejudicing criminal proceedings, it is understood. 

This weekend the royal family will be attempting to conduct their duties as usual, with the Prince and Princess of Wales due to appear in public.

On Saturday, Kate wore an England Rugby scarf to watch the team take on Ireland in the Guinness Men’s Six Nations at the Allianz Stadium Twickenham.

She was pictured chatting with injured England player Fin Baxter and RFU president Deborah Griffin in the seats before the game, in her first public appearance since Andrew’s arrest.

Meanwhile, Lord Peter Mandelson – who has also had his two properties searched by police – was seen leaving his north London home on Saturday.

A taxi arrived as the former business secretary was seen leaving his front door carrying a tote bag. 

Pictured: Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk where Andrew currently resides

Pictured: Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk where Andrew currently resides 

Police officers stand guard near the entrance to Wood Farm on Thursday

Police officers stand guard near the entrance to Wood Farm on Thursday 

He smiled at the taxi driver before entering the car, moving past a small group of waiting photographers.

Andrew spent 11 hours in police custody on Thursday, on his 66th birthday, before being released under investigation, after allegations he shared sensitive information with Epstein during his time as the UK’s trade envoy.

Detectives continued to search Andrew’s former home, Royal Lodge, in Windsor, Berkshire, on Friday.

He has denied any wrongdoing over his links to the convicted sex offender, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

After his younger brother’s arrest, the King said in a statement that ‘the law must take its course’ and the police have ‘our full and wholehearted support and co-operation’.

Charles attended the first show of London Fashion Week on Thursday, hours after Andrew’s arrest, and did not respond when asked for his reaction to the news.

During a visit to a concert in Westminster that afternoon, the Queen also did not reply to a question about her brother-in-law’s arrest.

Thames Valley Police, who are leading the investigation, are yet to receive any ‘early investigative advice’ from the Crown Prosecution Service in relation to the allegation, it is understood.

Detectives have asked Andrew’s former close protection officers to ‘consider carefully whether anything they saw or heard’ during their service could be relevant to the investigation into Epstein and his associates.

Sarah Ferguson was last seen in public being driven out of Royal Lodge on September 25 last year

Sarah Ferguson was last seen in public being driven out of Royal Lodge on September 25 last year 

The Metropolitan Police said they were working with counterparts in the US to establish whether London airports had been used to ‘facilitate human trafficking and sexual exploitation’.

On Friday, the force said no new reports of alleged sexual offences have been made since the release of millions of pages of documents related to Epstein by the US Department of Justice.

Scotland Yard previously said they were looking into allegations Andrew’s protection officers turned a ‘blind eye’ to his visits to Epstein’s island, Little St James.

Police are yet to identify any wrongdoing by close protection officers.

Andrew’s primary accuser, Virginia Giuffre, alleged she had sex with him during an orgy with ‘underage’ girls on the Caribbean island.

The former prince has previously vehemently denied all allegations made against him, and, since the publication of the Epstein Files he has not responded to requests for comment. 

The 14 Commonwealth countries where the King is head of state are Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.

Andrew had stepped down from public duties in 2019 after his disastrous BBC Newsnight interview about his friendship with Epstein.

This meant he had already ceased to be an active counsellor of state, who can deputise for the monarch if he is overseas on an official trip or ill.

But as counsellors of state are drawn from the line of succession, removing him from it would officially resolve any question over Andrew taking such a role.



Source link

Can You Name These ’70s Musicians In A Minute Or Less?

East Coast Receives New Blizzard Warnings

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *