An Afghan man who allegedly stabbed three people including his landlord while facing eviction may never be fit enough to stand trial for murder, a court heard
Safi Dawood, 22, is accused of murdering council worker Wayne Broadhurst, who was out walking his dog at the time of the assault.
Dawood’s landlord, Shahzad Farrukh and a teenage boy were also hurt in the disturbance.
The Afghan national had been told he had days to leave his annex at Mr Farrukh’s home when he allegedly struck last year.
He is charged with one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder following the brutal triple stabbing in Uxbridge, west London.
Dawood appeared via video link from Broadmoor in Berkshire for the 15-minute hearing at Southwark Crown Court this morning
Prosecutor Deanna Heer KC told the court the suspect had been assessed by a psychiatrist, who concluded Dawood ‘is not fit to plead or stand trial’ as things stand.
She said: ‘(The psychiatrist) has not in his served report indicated any time frame as to how long the defendant may remain unfit for, if he’s likely to recover, and matters of that nature.

Safi Dawood, pictured at a previous magistrates’ court hearing, appeared via video link from Broadmoor Hospital this morning

The Afghan national allegedly stabbed Wayne Broadhurst, (pictured) 49, who died at the scene
‘So it is not known whether the defendant will at some stage become fit for trial.’
Dawood spoke to confirm his name with the aid of a Pashto translator, while a family member observed via video link.
He was not asked to enter any pleas.
The case was adjourned until the next hearing on April 10.
The court previously heard Mr Broadhurst, 49, was stabbed approximately 14 times.
Dawood has also been charged over the severe injuries suffered by 45-year-old Mr Farrukh, a business consultant who lives on the road where the attack is believed to have started.
He is said to have life-changing injuries. No update on his condition was offered during today’s hearing.
Dawood is also charged with attempting to murder a 14-year-old boy, who cannot be named and has since been discharged from hospital, and possession of an offensive weapon.
A provisional trial date has been listed for July, lasting up to three weeks.
Dawood arrived in the UK in a lorry five years ago and was granted asylum and leave to remain in 2022, according to the Home Office.
The Metropolitan Police said Mr Broadhurst was treated for stab wounds but died at the scene.
It added Dawood and Mr Broadhurst ‘were not known to one another’.
It added: ‘Dawood was assessed when he entered custody and later required hospital treatment after suffering a medical episode.’
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a triple stabbing at about 5pm, and the casualties were treated at the scene for stab wounds.
Mr Broadhurst worked for Greener Ealing, which provides sustainable waste disposal and grounds maintenance services to Ealing Council.
Managing director Katarina Pohancenikova said: ‘This is a devastating loss. Wayne was a dedicated member of our team who made a real contribution.’


