Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody, following his arrest on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Andrew, who turned 66 today, was detained by officers during an 8am raid on his new home at Wood Farm, on the Sandringham estate.
Thames Valley Police confirmed the former prince had been arrested just after 10am on Thursday, with officers having 24 hours to hold him without charge from the time he arrived at a police station.

Andrew is pictured leaving Aylsham police station this evening in Norfolk
It was not immediately clear whether Andrew has been released under investigation or on bail, with the latter likely coming with certain conditions.
He was photographed in the back of a car leaving Aylsham police station in Norfolk shortly after 7pm.
It is understood the former Duke of York was arrested in relation to allegations he passed sensitive information to convicted paepdophile financier Jeffrey Epstein while acting as a trade envoy for the British government.
Andrew’s brother King Charles III was not given any prior warning of the arrest, it emerged today, although the Daily Mail revealed Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood’s team was informed by a senior officer early this morning.
The monarch said in an unprecedented statement that ‘the law must take its course’ after expressing his ‘deepest concern’ after his younger brother was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Charles said: ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.
‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.

The former Duke of York was in police custody for more than ten hours after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

A group of police officers in plain clothes arrive at Wood Farm this morning, where searches began
The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to support the statement.
The Daily Mail was the first to reveal plain-clothes police, carried in six unmarked vehicles, had arrived at Wood Farm, where Andrew now lives, around 8am this morning.
Onlookers said the group of eight people were in plain clothes ‘but appeared to be police officers’. One man appeared to be carrying a police-issue laptop.
A convoy including at least two royal Land Rovers linked to Andrew was photographed leaving the estate less than an hour later. His arrest was confirmed at 10.08am.
A fine art transportation company van and multiple police vehicles were also seen at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s former Berkshire residence, a few miles south of Windsor Castle.
At around 4pm, a dark blue Gander and White van was seen leaving the outer gates of the Windsor Great Park, which surrounds the Royal Lodge estate.
Gander and White describes itself as ‘one of the world’s leading fine art logistics companies, providing art storage, transport, installation and customs services’.
Two large police vans with tinted windows, each carrying several uniformed officers, were also seen leaving the property.
A Thames Valley spokesperson said: ‘We have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office’.

Unmarked Police vehicles exit the gates of the Royal Lodge this afternoon after carrying out searches at two properties linked to Andrew

Aerial pictures show the scene at Royal Lodge, on the Windsor estate, today after Andrew was taken into custody

The unprecedented statement from the King after his brother’s arrest where he said he supported the police’s action and that he and the Royal Family would co-operate fully
The force said its officers are searching an address in Norfolk – believed to be Wood Farm where Andrew is exiled – and an address in Berkshire, likely to be Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he lived for more than 20 years until this month.
Norfolk Police said it is ‘supporting’ the Thames Valley investigation but did not initally say if one of its stations was being used by detectives to interview Andrew.
Thames Valley Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: ‘Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
‘It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.
‘We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.’
For the past ten days detectives have been probing Andrew’s conduct as a trade envoy for the UK, after emails in the Epstein Files suggested he shared confidential information with his paedophile friend, including reports of his official visits and potential investment opportunities.
Emails released by the US Department of Justice appeared to show the former duke sharing reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore.
One email, dated November 2010, appeared to be forwarded by Andrew five minutes after being sent by his then-special adviser Amir Patel.
Another, on Christmas Eve 2010, appeared to send Epstein a confidential brief on investment opportunities in the reconstruction of Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
While in custody, experts told how Andrew would be given no special treatment and would undergo the usual police formalities including fingerprinting, having his photograph taken and being in a standard custody suite cell.
This is a breaking news story and is being updated.


