ISIS bride is BANNED from returning to Australia: Albanese government blocks attempt


  • ISIS bride stopped from returning to Australia
  • Temporary ban has been enforced 

An ISIS bride has been stopped from returning to Australia from Syria after being slapped with a temporary ban.

Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke revealed on Wednesday a ‘temporary exclusion order’ had been enforced.

‘I can confirm that one individual in this cohort has been issued a temporary exclusion order, which was made on advice from security agencies,’ he said.

‘At this stage security agencies have not provided advice that other members of the cohort meet the required legal thresholds for temporary exclusion orders.’

The revelation comes as a convoy of ISIS brides is set to fly home to Australia within days after Syrian authorities received ‘valid documents and passports’, despite Prime Minister Anthony Albanese pledging they have received no support.

The group of 34 women and children is expected to travel from the Roj internment camp in Syria’s northeast, where they have lived for almost seven years, to the country’s capital, Damascus.

They were to go there to plan their onward travel to Australia.

They attempted to leave the camp on Monday but were turned around on the highway by authorities and forced to return, amid concerns the group didn’t have the correct permissions between the factions governing the region.

Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke revealed on Wednesday a 'temporary exclusion order' had been enforcedA

Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke revealed on Wednesday a ‘temporary exclusion order’ had been enforcedA

A convoy of ISIS brides is set to fly home to Australia within days after Syrian authorities received 'valid documents and passports'

A convoy of ISIS brides is set to fly home to Australia within days after Syrian authorities received ‘valid documents and passports’

The detention camp’s director, Hakamia Ibrahim, has now confirmed all 11 families had been issued Australian passports.

‘We photographed the families’ passports and made copies. I personally saw the passports and obtained copies of them – this is a security measure,’ Ms Ibrahim told the Sydney Morning Herald.

It’s believed the passports may be ‘single‑use only’.

Many have condemning their return as a danger to national security, forcing Albanese to come out and declare the brides could face ‘the full force’ of the law when they are back in Australia.

‘We have no sympathy, frankly, for people who travelled overseas in order to participate in what was an attempt to establish a caliphate to undermine, destroy our way of life,’ Albanese told the ABC.

‘And so, as my mother would say, “you make your bed, you lie in it”. It’s unfortunate that children are impacted by this as well, but we are not providing any support.’

Possible charges include travelling to an area controlled by terrorists and being a member of a terrorist group, offences punishable with 10‑year jail terms.

The government is said to be considering issuing temporary orders to prevent some of the women from entering the country.

more to come



Source link

Only Someone Who Has Seen "Friends" At Least 50 Times Will Know If These Events Actually Happened

Dorinda Medley on Golden Life Costars, Lisa Rinna, Traitors

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *