Man is charged with threatening to kill Pauline Hanson  – after scare at her big speech: ‘Hunt her down’


A man has been charged with threatening to kill One Nation leader Pauline Hanson in a series of Facebook posts. 

Anton Raymond Illich, 47, faced a Perth court on Friday, charged with two counts of using a carriage service to make a threat to kill or cause serious harm. 

The Federal Police alleged that three social media posts were at the heart of the matter, including one where Illich allegedly said he would ‘hunt her down and kill (Hanson)’.

Illich, from Bayswater, north-east of Perth, told the court that the posts were ‘stupid’ and that he had no intent to follow through on them, the ABC reported. 

Police raided Illich’s home on July 17 but his identity, and Hanson’s, were only revealed for the first time today. 

If found guilty, Illich’s charges carry a maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment.

There have been calls for increased security around the Queensland senator in the wake of an incident at the National Press Club in June. 

Then, activist group GetUp! claimed responsibility for unfurling a campaign poster behind Hanson while she gave a landmark speech about her priorities.

Anton Raymond Illich allegedly threatened to kill Pauline Hanson in a series of Facebook posts. Above, the One Nation leader is seen in the Senate this week

Anton Raymond Illich allegedly threatened to kill Pauline Hanson in a series of Facebook posts. Above, the One Nation leader is seen in the Senate this week

In June, Hanson was giving a speech to the National Press Club in Canberra when GetUp unfurled a campaign banner behind her

In June, Hanson was giving a speech to the National Press Club in Canberra when GetUp unfurled a campaign banner behind her

ACT Policing told the Daily Mail last week that it is still investigating the matter, some two months later.  

‘It’s so dangerous when you think about it,’ One Nation federal MP Barnaby Joyce said.  

‘If you have capacity to do that, first thing that goes through your head is what if that was the Prime Minister, and down came a bomb?’

In the days that followed, Hanson’s office confirmed Hanson had received a stream of text messages and voicemails threatening to kill her and her family.

Illich did not formally enter a plea and his matter will return to court at a later date. 



Source link

Raygun backlash again as breakdancing world turns on Aussie Olympian

5 Ways to Make Your Outdoor Space Feel Like a Luxury Hotel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *