Former Mr. Olympia bodybuilder and Navy veteran dead at 40… weeks after haunting social media post


A Navy veteran and popular bodybuilder has died at the age of 40 – only weeks after telling his supporters not to ‘take life for granted.’

Dwayne Quamina – known as ‘King Q’ – passed away suddenly on Sunday, barely a week after finishing sixth at the Atlanta Pro competition, according to reports. No cause of death has been revealed. 

‘Stop taking life for granted go all the way and have zero regrets when it’s all over!,’ he told his 114,000 Instagram followers in a now-poignant message last month. 

Only five days ago, meanwhile, Quamina wrote: ‘If it was easy, everybody would do it. The best quality you can have is the ability to pick yourself up and go again no matter how many times it take. Watch what comes next!’

Quamina, who was born in Trinidad and Tobago, leaves behind his wife, Leah, and their children. ‘His loss has left an unimaginable void in the hearts of all who knew and loved him,’ one tribute read.

The 40-year-old competed in Mr Olympia – the world’s most prestigious bodybuilding event – with his best finish coming in 2018, when he was 10th. Quamina, who moved to the United States and was based in California, also worked as an online coach.

Dwayne Quamina, a Navy veteran and popular bodybuilder, has died at the age of 40

Quamina, who was born in Trinidad and Tobago, leaves behind his wife and their children

Quamina, who was born in Trinidad and Tobago, leaves behind his wife and their children 

'His loss has left an unimaginable void in the hearts of all who knew and loved him,' one tribute read

‘His loss has left an unimaginable void in the hearts of all who knew and loved him,’ one tribute read

His death has sparked an outpouring of tributes from bodybuilding figures including eight-time Ms Olympia champion Lenda Murray.

‘My thoughts and prayers are for the family. Sincere condolences,’ she said. ‘It’s absolutely tragic. We competed together just a week ago at the Atlanta Pro. It’s hard to believe he’s gone,’ Karol Malecki Ale Lekkie said.

A GoFundMe page has been launched to help Quamina’s wife and children ‘navigate this heartbreaking new chapter.’

A statement on the page, created by Keri Valdez, reads: ‘They are also facing significant financial challenges. We are asking for support to help ease the burden of rent, household bills, and day-to-day expenses so the family can focus on healing and maintaining as much stability and normalcy as possible during this difficult transition.’

It adds: ‘Dwayne Quamina was so much more than a name—he was a devoted father, a loving husband, a loyal friend, a proud veteran, and a fitness champion who inspired those around him through his strength, dedication, and determination.

‘Dwayne was a loving yet fierce man, someone who protected and provided for his family while uplifting others with his presence, kindness, and unwavering spirit. His loss has left an unimaginable void in the hearts of all who knew and loved him.’

Organizers are hoping to raise $20,000 and, at the time of writing, donations have reached nearly $10,000.





Source link

Early Cerebras investor Adit Singh joins Mayfield as infrastructure partner

Suge Knight gang associate erupts on stand in Tupac murder trial as he sensationally claims he wouldn’t ‘send’ alleged killer ‘to prison’: Live updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *