A 49-year-old man has been charged over the Manchester synagogue attack that left two worshippers dead.
Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim, from Higher Broughton, a suburb of Salford, has been charged with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity, Greater Manchester Police said.
Hakim, an Iraqi national whose self-defined ethnicity is Asian, has been remanded into custody and will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Two worshippers, Melvin Cravitz and Adrian Daulby, were killed after Jihad Al-Shamie, 35, launched a knife attack at Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue, in Crumpsall, Manchester, on October 2 last year.
Mr Cravitz, 66, died from knife wounds inflicted by Al-Shamie while Mr Daulby, 53, suffered a fatal bullet wound fired from a police gun.
Three other men were rushed to hospital with serious injuries, but they have all since been released.
Al-Shamie, who was wearing a fake suicide belt, was killed by police gunfire at the scene. He was on bail for an alleged rape when he carried out the attack.
Assistant Chief Constable Rob Potts, who holds operational responsibility for Counter Terrorism Policing North West, said: ‘I can confirm that, earlier today, officers from Counter Terrorism Policing North West charged a man with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity.

Armed police officers at the scene of a terrorist attack at Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue in Crumpsall, Manchester
Melvin Cravitz, 66, from Crumpsall, died in the deadly attack
Adrian Daulby, 53, also died after being accidentally shot by police
Al-Shamie (pictured outside the synagogue) carried out the attack and was shot dead by police
‘This charge is directly related to the terrorist attack which took place at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue last October.
‘This is a significant development in our investigation, and my thoughts are with all those affected by the attack, particularly the bereaved loved ones and survivors. We have updated them and continue to offer them as much support as possible.
‘Since the attack took place, we have been unwavering in our commitment to establishing the full picture behind the incident and identifying anybody who may have been involved in any way.
‘The charge that has been authorised is the culmination of a substantial amount of meticulous work by the investigation team, supported by the Crown Prosecution Service, and I hope this update reaffirms that commitment.’
This is a breaking news story. More to follow.