President Donald Trump released a map showing Iran as the United States of the Middle East as peace talks continue.
Trump continues to jest the war-torn country on Saturday as he shared a map of the Middle East showing Iran filled in with an American flag.
It comes as the two countries continue peace talks and rumors that Trump is preparing for a fresh round of strikes.
While no final decision had been made as of Friday afternoon, multiple sources told CBS News the strikes were being prepared.
Those sources said that administration intelligence and defense officials joined President Trump in canceling their Memorial Day weekend plans and updating recall rosters for US bases overseas.
Trump mysteriously backed out of his eldest son Don Jr’s wedding this weekend, citing ‘circumstances pertaining to government.’ He also canceled plans to golf at his Bedminster Golf Club in New Jersey.
The president told Axios on Saturday that he would be meeting with his negotiators to discuss Iran’s latest offer, stating a decision would more than likely be made on Sunday.
He also told the outlet he is a ‘solid 50/50’ on whether or not he would take the deal or ‘blow them to kingdom come,’ the outlet reported.
‘I think one of two things will happen: either I hit them harder than they have ever been hit, or we are going to sign a deal that is good,’ Trump said. ‘Some people would much rather have a deal and others would rather resume the war.’

President Donald Trump released a map showing Iran as the United States of the Middle East as peace talks continue

In another jest to the Middle Eastern country, the map showed Iran colored in with an American flag
The war on Iran has gone mostly quiet since early April, when a temporary ceasefire was agreed, but they have yet to produce a more lasting peace.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there has been ‘slight progress’ in peace talks, just days after Trump said he was holding off on a military strike against the Islamic Republic because ‘serious negotiations’ were underway.
Trump has been threatening for weeks that the ceasefire reached in mid-April could end if Iran does not make a deal, with shifting parameters for striking, such as an agreement.
Rubio said he did not want to exaggerate the progress, saying there had been ‘a little bit of movement and that’s good.’
Repeated claims of progress have emerged in recent weeks, but a deal has stayed out of reach.
Trump has repeatedly set deadlines for Tehran and then backed off. But he has also previously indicated he would hold off on military action to allow talks to play out, only to turn around and launch strikes.
A former top-ranking Navy commander has revealed that he believes President Donald Trump is preparing the military for renewed combat operations in Iran.
The US-Israeli-led military operation in Iran has dragged on since the end of February, leaving gas prices surging due to the Strait of Hormuz’s closure and cities devastated across the Middle East.

Smoke rises from Southern Lebanon on Saturday after Israel issued strikes. Secretary of State Macro Rubio has said a little process has been made in the peace talks, as Trump is rumored to be preparing more strikes

Men inspect damage in Lebanon on Saturday. Trump reportedly canceled his Memorial Day plans – including attending his son’s wedding – to deal with the Iranian conflict
Retired US Navy Commander Kirk Lippold told Fox News on Friday night that he believes renewed combat operations are on the horizon, defiantly declaring that ‘it’s a matter of not if, but when.’
‘President Trump right now, I think, is giving the United States military that opportunity – to rearm, refuel and be ready for combat operations,’ he said.
Lippold said that Admiral Cooper, the senior US military officer overseeing the Iran War, has briefed Trump, signaling the potential renewal of military strikes.
‘At the end of the day, I think that the Iranians understand that we are going to now take down their economy and potentially take down their economic future,’ he continued.
‘And what we need to do is create the conditions for the Iranian people to once again rise up.’
On late Friday, the president has also created tensions again with Greenland, which he wishes to acquire, by repeatedly sharing an AI-generated image of him peeking over the mountains in the country with the caption: ‘Hello, Greenland.’
The first post came just hours after the US’ special envoy to Greenland was met with furious protesters when he arrived to open a new American consulate on the island.
Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry received a frosty reception in downtown Nuuk on Thursday, as more than 500 Greenlanders marched through the capital Nuuk waving red-and-white Greenlandic flags and holding signs reading ‘Go Home USA,’ ‘Make America Go Away!’ and ‘We are not for sale.’

He also took to social media to infuriate Greenland again as Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry arrived to the island to open a new American consulate on the island on Thursday
‘Greenland belongs to us. It’s our country. It doesn’t belong to Denmark or the United States. We are a people and we live here,’ Greenland resident Grethe Kramer Berthelsen told the AFP during the rally.
He also posted an AI photo showing a ‘golden dome’ over the White House to keep it protected from any future attacks.
The Golden Dome is Trump’s version of Israel’s Iron Dome, a military defense mechanism.
Trump also posted an AI photo of Chinese citizens smiling happily and waving Chinese and American flags with the words: China Loves Trump.


