Phone provider Trump Mobile has confirmed that it was exposing customers’ names, email addresses, mailing addresses, cell numbers, and order identifiers to the open internet.
Chris Walker, a spokesperson for the Trump-branded phone maker, told TechCrunch that the company is investigating the exposure and has not found evidence that content or financial information spilled online. The company said there was no breach of Trump Mobile’s network, systems, or infrastructure.
The spokesperson said that the exposure was linked to a third-party platform provider that supports “certain Trump Mobile operations.” Walker did not name the provider.
The company’s admission came after reports earlier this week that Trump Mobile customers’ data was publicly accessible from the web.
On Wednesday, two YouTubers who ordered Trump Mobile’s phone said a researcher alerted them that their personal information was exposed online. The YouTubers Coffeezilla and penguinz0 said they tried to alert Trump Mobile of the exposure after the researcher also tried but to no avail.
Walker said Trump Mobile is evaluating whether it needs to notify customers of the exposure of their personal data.


