White House shooting suspect ‘who thought he was Jesus’ is pictured… as Trump says he had ‘obsession with out country’s most cherished structure’ and sinister warning signs moments before attack are revealed


The man accused of opening fire outside the White House has been identified as a 21-year-old man who believed he was Jesus Christ, according to officials. 

Nasire Best was gunned down after exchanging fire with Secret Service agents in Washington, DC on Saturday evening.

Best was seen pacing up and down 17th St Northwest moments before he pulled out a revolver, sources told the New York Post.

He approached the Secret Service booth and pulled out a weapon from his bag before unleashing a hail of bullets.

The White House was immediately placed on lockdown as President Donald Trump was inside, although he was unharmed. 

After the chaos, Trump took to Truth Social stating that Best ‘had a violent history and possible obsession with our Country’s most cherished structure.’ 

The president, who appeared to be talking about the White House, added: ‘Thank you to our great Secret Service and Law Enforcement for the swift and professional action taken this evening against a gunman near the White House, who had a violent history and possible obsession with our Country’s most cherished structure. 

‘The gunman is dead after an exchange of gunfire with Secret Service Agents near the White House gates. 

‘This event is one month removed from the White House Correspondent’ [sic] Dinner shooting, and goes to show how important it is, for all future Presidents, to get, what will be, the most safe and secure space of its kind ever built in Washington, D.C. The National Security of our Country demands it!’ 

Nasire Best, 21, approached a Secret Service post and opened fire just after 6pm on Saturday

Nasire Best, 21, approached a Secret Service post and opened fire just after 6pm on Saturday

Members of the media are seen running for cover after gunshots could be heard close to the White House

Members of the media are seen running for cover after gunshots could be heard close to the White House

Reporters on the North Lawn were rushed into the press briefing room as Secret Service agents shouted ¿get down¿

Reporters on the North Lawn were rushed into the press briefing room as Secret Service agents shouted ‘get down’

An adult civilian was injured during the shooting, although authorities said they were unclear if they were wounded by the suspect or during crossfire.

Journalists gathered at the White House reported hearing up to 30 shots which left them scrambling for cover.

It has since emerged Best previously come to the attention of the Secret Service and had violated an earlier court order requiring him to stay away from the White House grounds, NBC reports.

He was detained by Secret Service on June 26, 2025, for flagging down agents and making threats, and two weeks later on July 10, 2025, for entering a restricted area.  

During the June incident, Best blocked an entry lane at the White House. He was detained by the Secret Service after claiming he was ‘God’ then committed to the Psychiatric Institute of Washington for a mental evaluation.

The following month he was arrested once again after he attempted to enter a driveway at the White House. Afterward, a judge issued an order demanding he stay away from the White House grounds.

While investigators have not formally established a motive, multiple law enforcement sources said Best was believed to be suffering from severe mental health issues and had claimed at times to be Jesus Christ.

A preliminary investigation indicates that as the individual approached, he removed a weapon from his bag and began firing at posted officers,’ the Secret Service said in a statement, which confirmed no agents were harmed.

The shooting happened just beyond the perimeter of the White House on Saturday evening

The shooting happened just beyond the perimeter of the White House on Saturday evening

ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Selina Wang appeared shocked as gunfire rang out

ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Selina Wang appeared shocked as gunfire rang out

Members of the National Guard stand near the White House after a gunman opened fire close by

Members of the National Guard stand near the White House after a gunman opened fire close by

Journalists at the scene were left shaken following the incident. Many of those present were also at last month’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting, 

Video showed ABC White House Correspondent Selena Wang ducking and hiding as the gunfire erupted.

The press pool had been dismissed about an hour earlier before the shots rang out, with just a few broadcast journalists and photographers remaining on site. 

Reporters who were already inside the White House were told to shelter in place while Secret Service agents shouted ‘get down’ and warned of ‘shots fired.’ 

They have since been released from the briefing room and the lockdown has been lifted.

The president was inside the White House at the time as he was working on an Iran peace deal with Middle Eastern leaders inside the Oval Office.

Trump aides Steven Cheung, Natalie Harp, Margo Martin, and others were all present with the president when shooting occurred.

The gunfire came from the 17th Street side of the White House, closer to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. 

Federal agents stand blocking the street after a shooting occurred next to the White House

Federal agents stand blocking the street after a shooting occurred next to the White House

ABC News White House reporter Selena Wang could be seen ducking for cover as gunshots rang out nearby

Wang crouched down as gunshots could be heard

ABC News White House reporter Selena Wang could be seen ducking for cover as gunshots rang out nearby

Secret Service agents are seen the White House after gunshots were heard nearby on Saturday

Secret Service agents are seen the White House after gunshots were heard nearby on Saturday

The suspected shooter was transported to hospital in critical condition, according to a law enforcement source cited by the Daily Mail

The suspected shooter was transported to hospital in critical condition, according to a law enforcement source cited by the Daily Mail

A Secret Service agent walks holding his weapon after gunshots rang out close to the White House

A Secret Service agent walks holding his weapon after gunshots rang out close to the White House

Police block streets around the White House on Saturday evening following reports of gunfire

Police block streets around the White House on Saturday evening following reports of gunfire

Evidence of the shooting was visible on a sidewalk just outside the White House complex, where yellow crime scene tape snaked across the pavement and officers with the Secret Service placed dozens of orange evidence markers on the ground.

Medical material, including what appeared to be purple surgical gloves and kits typically used by emergency medical personnel, were also seen.

FBI Director Kash Patel confirmed the FBI is present as part of the investigation.

‘FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds – we will update the public as we’re able.’

Yellow crime scene tape snaked across the pavement. An EMS kit and gloves could also be seen on the ground where police and Secret Service blocked streets around the White House

Yellow crime scene tape snaked across the pavement. An EMS kit and gloves could also be seen on the ground where police and Secret Service blocked streets around the White House

Initial reports suggest that a civilian was struck by the gunman before he was shot by the Secret Service. Pictured, a National Guard member on the scene

Initial reports suggest that a civilian was struck by the gunman before he was shot by the Secret Service. Pictured, a National Guard member on the scene 

An armed Secret Service agent looks on at the White House in Washington after gunshots were heard

An armed Secret Service agent looks on at the White House in Washington after gunshots were heard 

A member of the Secret Service was seen stopping journalists from leaving the White House during the lockdown

A member of the Secret Service was seen stopping journalists from leaving the White House during the lockdown

Reporters hold up their phones near a window in the White House press briefing room after shots were fired in the area

Reporters hold up their phones near a window in the White House press briefing room after shots were fired in the area

Police were seen examining the scene of the shooting as night fell on Saturday

Police were seen examining the scene of the shooting as night fell on Saturday

Members of the media stand outside the area where a shooting occured earlier at 18th and Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House in Washington, DC

Members of the media stand outside the area where a shooting occured earlier at 18th and Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House in Washington, DC

Trump, 79, has been the target of three alleged assassination attempts, the most recent of which took place on April 25 when an armed man stormed the security checkpoint at the White House Correspondents Dinner. 

‘Thank God President Trump is safe,’ House Republicans said on X later on Saturday night.

‘Endless gratitude to the Secret Service for their immediate, heroic response. Political violence has to stop.’



Source link

Most Universally Recommended TV Shows Of All Time

Jane Kaczmarek Reacts to “Malcolm in the Middle” Costar Bryan Cranston’s Daughter Taylor Dearden Being a Rising Star (Exclusive)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *